HRUHCA Announces Recipients of 2013 Safety Awards
The HRUHCA annual safety award program encourages member firms to maintain, develop, and improve their safety program through public recognition of their outstanding safety efforts. By introducing competition among member firms, we create a safer working environment for our employees and the public. When we create a safer working environment, everyone is a winner.
The safety awards are open to any HRUHCA contracting member firm.
In order to receive consideration, applicants must:
- Have a written safety program,
- Have a designated full-time safety director,
- Have a drug free workplace program,
- Meet stringent requirements for reportable total work-related case incidents,
- Have no fatalities in the year of consideration,
- Have their NCCI experience modification rate must be lower than 1.0,
- Have no OSHA willful violations in the year of consideration and
- Provide a written narrative explaining why they feel that their safety program warrants an award
After consideration of all applications, the association's safety award sub-committee has chosen three HRUHCA member firms for 2013 HRUHCA safety awards. They are
C.A. Barrs Contractor
Virginia Paving Corporation
These three firms will be honored at the June 11th membership dinner meeting at the Chesapeake Marriott. Don't miss a great opportunity to congratulate these three firms for their outstanding safety practices. Sign up for the June dinner meeting as soon as possible.
See all News and Events.